Sunday 28 December 2014

See Mum who still breast feed her 6-yr-old daughter and said not ready to stop.




As proud mum Denise Sumpter cuddles her confident daughter Belle, it is clear they have a special bond.
At six-and-a-half years old, Belle is still breastfeeding, she is the oldest child in the UK known to be taking her mother’s milk.
The Year Two pupil will ask for a feed if she is tired, ill or simply wants some bonding time with her mum.
She might ask a couple of times a day, or maybe just once or twice a week.
Sometimes the mum feeds on her own, and other times she latches on alongside 18-month-old brother Beau.
And Denise, 44, insists she will continue until Belle decides it is time to stop.
“I’ll feed Belle as long as she asks,” she says. “I don’t know how long that will be. It will be the same with Beau. I don’t think there’s anything weird about it.




Denise Sumpter
 










“I feed both children on demand – ­whenever they want it.”
Denise, a PhD student of ancient science, says: “I have two healthy, bright, confident children who I truly believe have benefitted from breast milk, and continue to do so.”
Denise has the backing of partner Jules Deering, 47, a technical director at a university drama department.

“Breastfeeding hasn’t impacted my sex life in any way,” she says. “It hasn’t ruined my breasts.”
In fact she credits it with helping her keep her figure and her health, saying: “I’m protected from various cancers and can eat what I want without gaining weight.”



Culled from DailyMirror

No comments:

Post a Comment