Thursday 25 December 2014

My Second Visit to Ghana.....Part 2 (Pa Ahmed Boye Larye)


I will not be happy if i do not publish this, because I made a promise to publish it.
This is the Part 2 of my Second visit to Ghana, for those who did not read the Part 1 click on the link and it takes you there. (My Second visit to Ghana......Part 1).
On this visit I met the young man who is in the picture (that is me next to him), Pa Ahmed Boye Larye, he is from Accra, Alajo in Ghana.
You might be wondering why I said young even though he is looking old....lol.....
I will tell you why....
Pa Ahmed is 95 yrs old, he was born on the 17th day of March 1919 after the First World War.
He was so excited seeing me and that was the very first time I ever met him, he told plenty. He worked with the railway company and retired in 1974 at the age of 65.
Pa Ahmed had 6 wives, he paid dowry for 4 and never paid for 2, he had 15 children and more than 50 grandchildren (he lost count and can't remember).
He told me bitterly that all his friends are dead and that he misses them.
Below is his table phone, he has all the numbers he needed to call at any time, what shocked me most was that he was making his lunch when I walked into the house...:)
I wish Pa Ahmed a merry Christmas....and now that I have fulfilled my promise I am happy.










No comments:

Post a Comment