Monday 13 January 2014

Raped SIXTY times in hospital: Mental health patient reveals shocking abuse on wards.


The victim, in her 40s, was preyed on for a year by a senior member of staff and has called for better safeguards for patients in psychiatric hospitals
A mental health patient raped up to 60 times by a care worker has branded psychiatric hospitals a “playground for predators”.
The woman described how she was preyed on for a year by a senior staff member who would sneak into her room for sex and groom her with gifts such as Valium, cigarettes and chocolate.
Now the victim, who we are calling Catherine to protect her identify, has demanded better safeguards for patients.
She said: “The mentally ill are the most vulnerable in society in terms of being abused and having themselves believed. It’s an open playing field for predators in that environment.”


“He was the first person I met when I was admitted. After a week he came into my room, sat on my bed and started running his hands up and down my legs over the quilt.
“At times I was on a very heavy amount of Valium, not to where I was unconscious, but the sedative combined with my already defeated self, I was like putty.
“He would pull the covers back, do what he had to do and leave, all very quickly. I didn’t move.”


No comments:

Post a Comment