Friday 24 January 2014

Last words of man executed by lethal injection in Oklahoma "There's a chemical taste in my mouth, I'm going, I'm going''


An Oklahoma man who was convicted of stabbing a close friend to death more than a quarter-century ago was executed Thursday.
Kenneth Eugene Hogan, 52, was pronounced dead at 6:13 p.m. after he received a lethal injection at the Oklahoma State Penitentiary in McAlester.
Hogan admitted to stabbing 21-year-old Lisa Stanley but said he did so in self-defense after she lunged at him with a knife. 
Mugshot, 1988Kenneth Hogan was executed on Thursday evening, he was convicted of first-degree murder and sentenced to die for the January 1988 stabbing death of Lisa Stanley at her home in Oklahoma City

Kenneth Hogan was convicted of first-degree murder for the January 1988 stabbing death of Lisa Stanley at her home in Oklahoma City
Prosecutors said Hogan stabbed the woman more than 25 times in the back, neck and chest in January 1988, then knocked over several objects in her Oklahoma City apartment to make it appear as though she had been robbed. When interrogated, he gave police inconsistent statements.
‘I am guilty for what I'm here for, and I take full responsibility for my actions,’ Hogan said in his final statement, as he lay strapped to the gurney in the death chamber. ‘And to Lisa's family, I say I'm sorry that I can't undo it.

No comments:

Post a Comment