Saturday 2 April 2016

SAY NO TO PROCRASTINATION!!!



Procrastination is the avoidance of doing a task which needs to be accomplished. It is the practice of doing more pleasurable things in place of less pleasurable ones, or carrying out less urgent tasks instead of more urgent ones, thus putting off impending tasks to a later time. (Wikipedia)
It really seems I am talking to ME, so many times I see myself pushing things I could do now for later. Most times I end up not doing them at all or maybe it is gone past the deadline, I start to feel sorry for myself……

I had to help myself stop the bad habit of “am not doing it now, I will do it later.”         
I started to write now rules to help me, honestly is wasn’t an easy one to stop. But I tell you if I can deal with it anyone could, follow my simple rules below and you will come back to say ‘THANK YOU”.
Always remember that at the end you only regret things you didn’t do……(Think about it).

  1. Setup Reminders: Setup a daily (or hourly) reminders, as it prompts you, on something you would be working on or at least not wasting your time (unless you have time to waste). You can also set up reminders that give you motivational quotes. Meeting reminders, study reminders, etc
  2. Create something everyday: Make sure you create something new everyday, no matter what it is. Artwork, photos, videos, a journal, some code, anything that gets you into a creative mood and gets you working.
  3. Wake Up early: One thing i really love about waking up early is that it is the quiet and still, no noise and you can think properly. You can concentrate on a few big tasks as soon as you get up and get a bunch of work done that would have taken many more hours during the bustle of the day. This one of the best habits i learnt from my father (love u daddy).
  4. No excuses: Just do it, we all have excuses of not doing one. So, rather than make up new ones, just say to yourself no more excuses and get to work.
  5. Time yourself: One good way to get to work is to set a specific time for yourself to work. Say, 25 minutes, 30 minutes or 1 day depending on what it is. After the set amount of time, rest and do whatever you want for a little bit. Then work for a set of time again.

I would appreciate if you put down your comments……have a  nice day…
visit: Youtube for Omamoda
Dress by Debenhams UK
Shoes by: H & M UK
Winter Coat by: Next UK
For more style details email: info@omamoda.com

No comments:

Post a Comment