Sunday 23 March 2014

Thousands of job-seekers queued for THREE HOURS to land one of just 40 jobs at Aldi SuperMarket UK.


It is not just only in Nigeria or Africa, it is all over the world. Thousands of job seekers queued for more than three hours in a desperate attempt to nab one of just 40 positions at supermarket giants Aldi.

The job hopefuls began queuing at 10am, despite the interviews not starting until 1pm, forcing staff to start 20 minutes early on Friday.
At least 1,500 candidates queued around the block for just 40 positions now available at Aldi stores across the Midlands.
Hopefuls: More than 1,000 jobseekers queued for just 40 jobs with budget supermarket chain Aldi


One hopeful said: 'It is hard for young people like myself to get a job, there just isn't the opportunities out there and people don't want to give you a chance'
One hopeful said: 'It is hard for young people like myself to get a job, there just isn't the opportunities out there and people don't want to give you a chance
‘I walked right up to the store and then noticed the queue and my heart sank, I walked to the back and it just went on and on, I didn’t think it would ever stop.
At least 1,500 candidates queued around the block for just 40 positions now available at Aldi stores across the Midlands

At least 1,500 candidates queued around the block for just 40 positions now available at Aldi stores across the Midlands
‘Before I got there I thought I would have a good chance of getting the job, but when I saw all those people I lost hope a bit.
‘The mini-interview went well, but it is hard to know if I will get the job as they have seen so many people.
‘It is hard for young people like myself to get a job, there just isn’t the opportunities out there and people don’t want to give you a chance.
‘I went for this job because you have to take what you can get, like I said, the opportunities are limited.’
The applicants, who were hoping for stock and store assistant positions with a minimum of 20 hours a week are likely to find out if they have got the job within the next month.
A mother-of-two, who queued since 10am added: ‘I heard a rumour that there would be a lot of people here so I got here at 10am and was one of the first.
‘I had to wait three hours, but it was relief when I saw how many people really did turn up, I couldn’t believe it.



No comments:

Post a Comment